A Recreational Therapist provides recreational therapy services to individuals with developmental disabilities consisting of a medically approved recreational program to restore, remediate, or rehabilitate an individual in order to improve the individual’s functioning and independence, and reduce or eliminate the effects of an individual’s disability.
Educational Requirements: Certified by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification.
- Providing services in the client’s home and in the community.
- Develop treatment plans and maintain updates.
- Write reports to document progress on a quarterly basis.
- Attend client meetings and participate in the individualized support team where the needs of the consumer come first.
- Develop a treatment plan for the individuals being served.
- Document progress on at least a quarterly basis.
- Function as part of an Individual Support Team and advocate for the needs of the client.
- Organize and direct adapted sports, dramatics, arts and crafts, social activities, and other recreation services designed to restore, remediate or rehabilitate.
Interested candidates, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply using the form on this page.
Apply for this Position